Ever since I started reading Mama Pea’s blog, I have become infatuated with her humor, delicious recipes, and funny stories.
When I heard she was coming out with a book I could barely wait.
And today, I finally picked myself up a copy!
Her book was released yesterday, so bookstores should be well stocked today with her fabulous book. Definitely pick yourself up a copy or order it online.
It’s full of DEEE-LICIOUS looking recipes (I already bookmarked 5), silly stories, and mouth watering pictures.
(Sorry for the glare… that picture above is a Reuben sandwich. MAKING. THIS ASAP!)
I browsed through all the lunch recipes before finalizing my decision to make a salad.
Since I’ve been at the shore for the past couple days, my veggie intake has been low so I upped the greens with a Hugh Jass salad, duh!
The intro to this recipe is hilarious, too:
As a food blogger, it eventually got to be where I was posting pictures of my Hugh Jass on the internet every day receiving comments like, “Wow! That Hugh Jass looks amazing” or “I’ll kill for a Hugh Jass like yours.” Eventually, bloggers and readers started building their own Hugh Jasses and giving me credit for the inspiration of their oversized, slightly profane creations.
Behold, my Hugh Jass.
Kale massaged with 1/2 an avocado, mixed greens, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, sugar snap peas, green pepper, quinoa, and hummus mixed with hot sauce for the ‘dressing’ + a piece of spelt bread.
Even though it may seem simple to make your own Hugh Jass, Mama Pea breaks it down real well.
She separates the salad components into categories, like lettuce, vegetables, proteins, fats, dressings, etc. So you can go through the ‘list’ and pick off what you have or what you need to add. Very easy to put together a salad that will sustain you for the hours ahead and fill you up as a meal.
Mmmm Mmmm Good.
I have been loving quinoa lately.
It fills me up without filling me out. Beans often leave me feeling bloated and heavy so I love switching it up by using quinoa.
So how does my Hugh Jass look?
Pretty nice, eh? ;)
Now, for something fun on this hump day, I’m going to answer some random questions!
Stretch your left arm out as far as you can, What can you touch?
- I can touch my camera case since I just uploaded my pics from my DSLR for this post!
Before you started this survey, what were you doing?
- Typing up this blog post and thinking about food…hehe.
What is the last thing you watched on TV?
- Currently watching Giada on the Cooking Channel. Because the Cooking Channel > Food Network. I love Cooking Channel way more! It’s the only thing that’s ever on my TV, which is probably why food is usually always on my mind.
Without looking, guess what time it is.
Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
- OH WOW LOL. It’s actually 1:35pm now that I look at it. Oh, duhhhhh.
With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
- Giada talking about sugar cookies ahhhhhhhhhh!
When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
- About 45 minutes ago to photograph my Hugh Jass.
Did you dream last night?
- Yeah, I think I dreamt about pennies. Weeeirrrrd.
Do you remember your dreams?
- Sometimes. I seem to always remember the really scary ones, like when dinosaurs chase after me or something.
Now it’s your turn, answer one of these questions!
And I’m off to buy watermelon because I’m craving it like nobody’s bizznazzzzz.