Hi there! :)
Lately I have been trying to make a few small changes…
- When I’m asked “how are you” I used to respond “good” and never asked the person back how they were doing. Now, I am making a conscious effort to ask others how they are doing. Sometimes someone just wants to know you care about how they feel too! I know this may seem crazy since so many people already do this, but I don’t and I want to start to do this! So far, so good. I also noticed some people are a bit shocked you asked how they were doing, too!
- I’ve also being trying to take quicker showers. I know sometimes a girl just needs a steaming hot, really long shower but lately I’ve been trying to be more aware of my environment and my choices that impact the world.
- I also started to cut back on my coffee consumption. I don’t need it to wake me up in the morning and the only reason I drink it is because I love how it tastes and is nice & warm in the morning. I used to get headaches from not drinking caffeine first thing in the morning but lately I’ve been doing fine skipping it every other few days or so. I’m also considering getting a Bodum tea pot for loose leaf teas. I have a Teavana tea pot but for some reason I’ve always wanted a Bodum one! Speaking of, I need to start using up my teas from Teavana… they make the best teas. Eva. Since Spring is here, I’m thinking of making batches of iced green teas for quick, cold, and slightly sweet drinks. Mmmm.
What are some changes you’ve been making!?
The other day I decided to make cookies & cream cupcakes for my friend who is on a break with her boyfriend.
These are soooo rich and creamy. Definitely a decadent cupcake that will cure any heartbreak ;).
Just staring at these makes my pants feel tighter.
Instead of Ben & Jerry’s, I baked her up a delicious batch of soul-soothing, damn good comfort food cupcakes. Sometimes a girl just needs butter, Oreo’s and sugar, yenno? Since we go to the gym religiously together, I felt bad handing her a huge tray of cupcakes so I decided to only give her half the batch and keep the other half for myself. Hehe ;).
However, I now have another dilemma…
…fitting a 1 lb tub of Oreo cookie butter cream icing in my fridge.
Oh by the way, check out the list I walked into the grocery store with…
I don’t think I’ve ever had this much junk food on a shopping list LOL. Don’t worry, it’s for important things like cupcakes and a super fun treat I have coming up on Friday ;).
After spoon feeding myself butter cream icing, I decided to make a veggie panini… because eating vegetables cancels out all the calories from buttery sugary icing.
Perfect Veggie Panini
- 1 whole wheat french roll
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 a roasted red pepper (I use jarred peppers that are packed in EVOO)
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- sprinkle of oregano + red pepper flakes
Directions: Cut your roll in half and smear on the minced garlic. Top with roasted red peppers, avocado slices, fresh basil leaves (that have been torn into pieces), and oregano + red pepper flakes. Press in your panini grill until warmed through and grill marks appear. Serve!
I think my panini press is my favorite kitchen item! I got it at Target for about $20 bucks.
It always takes boring sandwiches and steps them up a notch!
As Emeril would say… BAM!
I was afraid to add avocado because I wasn’t sure how it would taste when warmed through but it is fantastic. It also helped that I used a perfectly ripe avocado. Yum! It added a creamy texture to the sandwich that can also be achieved by adding cheese. I bet mozzarella would taste fabulous on this.
You can pretty much throw anything on bread, stick it in your panini press, and get a delicious tasting sandwich in less than 5 minutes. It really adds a lot of crunch + flavor to your typical sandwich.
Paninis are infinitely customizable and are a great change from a boring sandwich.
An interesting article:
Speaking of change, I read an article in Cosmo the other day while elliptical-ing about a girl who was asked by her boss to blog anonymously about her sex life (which would be for her job). She created a blog that was focused on her sexcapades, but her husband had no knowledge of her doing so. She blogged about everything, especially exaggerated stories with a random guy (that she actually had no relations with, she just did so for her job!). Long story short, her husband found her secret blog one day and flipped! Needless to say, she soon had to end her blogging career for the sake of her marriage.
Isn’t that crazy!? I don’t think I would want someone speaking about my personal life with millions of strangers even if it is for a job.
What about you? Does your family know you blog? Your husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, friends?
My close friends know as well as my family and Sean and they think it’s pretty cool! I’m glad they’re so accepting since blogging can be misunderstood sometimes.
Well I’m off to get my day started! I’m going out to dinner tonight with my dad and can’t wait to eat fantastic food with great company.
Enjoy your day!
PS – I woke up 45 minutes late today because I slept through my alarm!!! AHHH.